Top Tips for Booking your Perfect Wedding Day Hair & MUA
Welcome to the new wedding supplier Q & A series where we will be speaking to some of the best Wedding Suppliers in the Industry. We hope to uncover valuable information and tips that will prove essential to your own wedding planning.
Many have been chosen for their unique skills, offering something above and beyond the traditional standard services. All share a common love for the couples they work with, along with the leading knowledge within their industry.
This week I’m speaking to Caroline from Amazing Face. She’s one half of the driving force behind these dedicated & creative mobile Bridal Hair & Makeup artists. They work throughout Dorset and the South West, along with traveling to venues throughout the UK..
If you are wondering on whether to employ professional Hair & MUA (Make Up Artists) for your wedding, read on!
Whats the story behind Amazing Face?
Amazing Face are a professional team of bridal hair and makeup specialists who believe in making Brides look “Naturally you but a little more exquisite“. Our aim is to enhance, not mask, and make you feel absolutely incredible on what is your dream day.
Caroline had an idea for the business in 2007 whilst looking after a client at a hair salon for bridal make up, she thought that a MOBILE Hair & Make Up service would do exceptionally well… ie with her going to the client for Make Up and a Hairdresser on hand to complete the look instead of clients going out to a hair salon and then on again to a beauty salon for make up ,taking up valuable time and considerable effort on what is meant to, and could be a relaxing morning.
Elke joined as a business partner for the hair side and together we have taken Amazing Face from strength to strength by sheer hard work and excellent customer service ,making Amazing Face the wonderful success it is today.
Before Amazing Face, Caroline, a fully qualified Beauty Therapist and Make Up artist, worked in Australia as a manager for one of Sydney’s top ‘Hair, Beauty and Nails’ Salons. There she looked after rock and pop stars (Cher, Kylie and many others) and visiting royalty (Sarah Fergusson on her Australian tour), she was also a trainer and makeup artist for several top high-end brands Chanel and Dior here in the UK.
Elke trained in hairdressing with the best in Germany, she has managed several salons and loves bridal work. Between us we have over 30 years of experience …….that’s an awful lot of very happy clients, and this is why we have become the go to Bridal Hair and Makeup experts in Dorset.
If you could direct the look or work with anyone, who / what would it be?
As a make up artist I’ve always admired the work of Lisa Eldridge. She creates naturally, beautiful, fresh yet flawless make up and has a modern approach to the business. I’d like to think I do the same. Her books are really absorbing and her tuition videos are really easy to understand. You can’t get enough of the ever changing make up scene and Lisa is at the top of her game, this in turn keeps me up to date with new techniques .
Elke admires the amazing Patrick Cameron – he’s the worlds leading long hair expert. He’s truly inspirational with his unique skills and comprehensive tuition , making the most complicated hairstyle look easy. His passion for his work clearly comes through at his seminars which Elke attends when he visits the country. Professional development is very important to us both within our creativity and innovative bridal styling.
Top Tips for a bride when booking a Wedding Hair & MUA.
- Read and look at all their testimonials, and see their visual work on Instagram most media is a great tool for this, we tell our brides they can see our year unfold on there and to look at the years work before that as-well, to make sure they love our style.
- Book early, all the best artists take bookings two years ahead, so as soon as you have set a date, start looking and if you like what you see inquire and book, don’t hesitate .
- Bring hair and make up image references to your trial , pictures of work you admire and things you would like to try, it helps us that you have at least an idea.
- Wear a light coloured top to your trial remember that bridal make-up needs to have enough colour to compensate for the whiteness of the dress. There’s a big difference between everyday clothes and a wedding dress, so there should be difference in your make-up, too.
- Bring your hair accessories and any extensions matched to the colour of your hair on the day, because if you dream of lustrous, long, romantic curls on your wedding day but your hair is wispy and fine, then there’s nothing wrong with getting a little help and we are happy to accommodate you. Many of today’s brides choose to opt for discreet extensions to give them the longer, thicker hair that they want for their special day along with lashes too.
What do you think sets you apart from other hair & MUA?
With Amazing Face you get a dedicated specialist in their field, ie one hairdresser and one make up artist. We feel that Hair and Make Up are two completely different jobs and as we specialise in larger wedding parties we can each concentrate on what we excel at. Two experts in their respective fields completing your look perfectly and without worry.
Our make up clients also receive as a small gift, a complimentary lipstick and some natural eyelash extensions. The bride herself also receives a small bag containing everything she could need to take her through the day to touch up and refresh. This includes tissues, powder, blotting paper, lip brush, cotton buds, hair pins, toothbrush, safety pins and a make up sponge.